Sunday, September 2, 2007

End of the Summer

Summer will end again tomorrow evening, and it certainly was an eventful season. From getting a new car, helping my sister move to Philadelphia last week, I did a lot more than I thought I would do, especially in terms of travel. There is a lot more that I could talk about, but I will mention a few highlights from the summer:

-Watching my wife finish her CPE work and talking ordination exams.

-Spending time with family at the cottage on Lake Michigan.

-Attending a number of weddings of dear friends.

-Working at the Institute for Social Research, where I had a wonderful group of co-workers and interesting projects to participate in.

-Taking a Econ class at a community college.

I am looking forward to another semester of school, but I still am getting the melancholy feeling that I used to get every Labor Day weekend when I was a kid. I never wanted summer to end, even when I was in high school. Oh well, it does end, and I'll have a few postings next week on my schedule for the fall semester.

2 comments:

suz said...

nice photo. it fits your summer...full.

Eleanor Norman said...

This photo and post really reminds me of you Peter! I hope your semester gets off to a swelle start!