Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Where I am Now

Last week I posted on what I was doing this past semester (a big reason why I had a grand total of three posts over four months). With my Masters Project finished, my coursework at Michigan is pretty much finished up. I am taking one class on urban and regional theory, which is pretty interesting.

I am spending most of my time working. I work two jobs right now, and put together they come pretty close to 40 hours a week. I continue to work at the Institute for Social Research two days a week, a position that will finish up come May. This January I started working at the University's Planning Office, where I am working three days a week until early May, and will be likely working full-time afterwards. I enjoy my new job, and find that a bunch of the things that I learned in graduate school are starting to be used on a daily basis.

I am also doing things outside of work and school. I am serving on a couple of church committees, spend a couple of hours per week comforting cats at the humane society, and am working on preparing the Ann Arbor Democratic Party for the 2008 election. Fun stuff, and I'll be sad to see it end should we move from Ann Arbor.

Keep your eyes on the TV tonight. I'm predicting a Romney victory tonight, but it will be very close with McCain a few points off.

No comments: