Thursday, April 10, 2008

Moving to Philly


(photo credit: Mike Penn, 2004).

As some of you may know from my wife's blog, Susan received (and accepted) a job at Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church, located in the suburbs of Philadelphia. Susan will be serving as a Lilly Pastoral Resident at Bryn Mawr beginning in late July. So, we will be packing up our belongings for the third time in four years and head off to a new place.

Moving is not my favorite thing to do. While I enjoy packing, in part because it involves cleaning, I always dislike leaving a familiar routine for something new. I really enjoyed my two years in Ann Arbor, as school was great, the city was wonderful and it meant being back in the Midwest. Perhaps the most annoying part of living in an educated marriage is the constant pulling up of roots; just when one settles, it is time to move again.

That being said, I am excited about moving to Philadelphia. I am just starting the job hunt, and I am hopeful that my new shiny degree from Michigan will give me good prospects. I have begun seeking out informational interviews, and I already have some scheduled for early June. I will post on this blog about my job search, as well as the transition period over the next few months.

2 comments:

Jill Good said...

Good luck with the job hunt and your eventual move to the Philly area.

Reverend Miss said...

Peter, Know that so many are praying for you as much as they are for Susan. She is so bless to have you in her life. You set a high standard for Pastor husband's (OK any husbands!)